Friday, June 08, 2007

Aaaah yes, it has been awhile. Let's see, not too much has changed. M-Dad is still at his job, continuing to gain experience in the import/export field. I am still at home running small-scale daycare, only 2 other children besides M-Kid right now. Doin' a few hours here and there with the consulting- picking up work where I can. Tomorrow I have a field job 2.5 hours drive away. Woo-hoo. A few updates... Well, a major one. Kuma and Brian got married this past weekend. A beautiful wedding! We had so much fun. M-Kid was the ringbearer (along with J-Kid, Brian's nephew), Kuma was a beautiful bride, I just barely managed to hold my tears back when she walked down the aisle. We have known each other for 15 years now. WOW! M-Kid is talking a lot more, using 2-syllable words, and putting words together. He is doing really good with learning his colors and shapes. We are still working on learning 123's and ABC's. Today he said "purple flower" He definitely knows purple, since we have so many purple flowers on our path to the park. We have a game that matches a shape to the correct flashcard, and he knows them all- heart, star, circle, triangle, square, rectangle, oval, diamond. His favorites are heart and circle. When he was coloring with his crayons, he drew a circle, and said "circle!!" He will also run in a circle and say "circle!" I was amazed. Something new everyday, he is so smart and learning so fast. Finally, wednesday was Uncle R's 16th birthday!!! I can't believe he is growing up so fast. I remember the day he was born. I was at school (6th grade), my aunt came and picked me up. He had been born right as I was getting out of school that day. We went to the hospital and there he was a little bundle of joy in the nursery. I was 12 years old! I loved helping take care of him. Happy Birthday Uncle R!!

No comments: