Just a brief update. We made it. M-Dad is working at his new job, we are living in a cute little house, I am interviewing (praying!!), M-Kid is starting preschool tomorrow (part time until I find a job). I found a really great preschool nearby, M-Kid didn't want to leave when we visited. They had lots of great learning rooms, outdoor play area, and of course the winner was the train table in the 2 year old room, lol!
Still settling in....it's a process! Especially with a toddler :) It has been a huge transition for us all, but a good one. I feel really great here. So far, M-Cat seems to really like it. He already wants to go outside. Maybe eventually... It is nice to have light coming in from the windows in the house. Ahhh...windows...and ventilation. No more dungeon living! Might I add that it is nice not sharing walls and having the building manager knock on your door randomly. We have a small yard that M-Kid can run around in as well. The weather has also been quite nice. Still finding my way around here, streets, where the grocery stores are, etc. There is a library and a park nearby for M-Kid. A train passes by nearby as well, which M-Kid loves to go watch. There are also airplanes that fly overhead (airport is in the next town over), which he also loves. Whenever he hears a plane, he stops what he is doing and says "go see it"Tuesday, September 04, 2007
We made it
Just a brief update. We made it. M-Dad is working at his new job, we are living in a cute little house, I am interviewing (praying!!), M-Kid is starting preschool tomorrow (part time until I find a job). I found a really great preschool nearby, M-Kid didn't want to leave when we visited. They had lots of great learning rooms, outdoor play area, and of course the winner was the train table in the 2 year old room, lol!
Still settling in....it's a process! Especially with a toddler :) It has been a huge transition for us all, but a good one. I feel really great here. So far, M-Cat seems to really like it. He already wants to go outside. Maybe eventually... It is nice to have light coming in from the windows in the house. Ahhh...windows...and ventilation. No more dungeon living! Might I add that it is nice not sharing walls and having the building manager knock on your door randomly. We have a small yard that M-Kid can run around in as well. The weather has also been quite nice. Still finding my way around here, streets, where the grocery stores are, etc. There is a library and a park nearby for M-Kid. A train passes by nearby as well, which M-Kid loves to go watch. There are also airplanes that fly overhead (airport is in the next town over), which he also loves. Whenever he hears a plane, he stops what he is doing and says "go see it"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Believe it or not, we'll probably get to see you guys more often in Pacifica than we did when you were in Glendale (which was like never, I'm embarrassed to say ... I know, we suck).
And I can't tell you how many times we kept going up to NoCal on weekends when you were in SoCal (and vice versa).
Hope all is going great in your new home! :)
Cousin Jimmy
Post a Comment